Publisher description for Television studies : the key concepts / Ben Calvert ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Television Studies: The Key Concepts is the definitive reference guide to an area of rapidly expanding academic interest. Among those aspects of television studies covered in this comprehensive and up-to-date guide are:
- theoretical perspectives which have shaped the study of television - Marxism; semiology; feminism
- concepts which have shaped the study of television - narrative; representation; bias
- television genres - soap opera; news; science fiction
- methods used for understanding television - content analysis; audience research
- relevant social, economic and political phenomena - ownership; social policy.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: