Table of contents for The theatrical cast of Athens : interactions between ancient Greek drama and society / Edith Hall.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
2. The Theatrical Roles of Athens
3. Childbearing Women: Birth and Family Crisis in Ancient Drama
4. Visible Women: Painted Masks and Tragic Aesthetics
5. Horny Satyrs and Tragic Tetralogies
6. Metapoetic Females in Old Comedy
7. Recasting the Barbarian
8. The Scythian Archer in Aristohanes' `Thesmophoriazusae'
9. Drowning Act: The Greeks, Swimming, and Timotheus' `Persians'
10. Singing Roles in Tragedy
11. Casting the Role of Trygaeus in Aristophanes' `Peace'
12. Lawcourt Dramas: Acting and Performance in Legal Oratory
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Greek drama -- History and criticism.
Theater -- Greece -- Athens -- History -- To 500.
Athens (Greece) -- Social life and customs.