Publisher description for Autism spectrum disorders : the complete guide to understanding autism, Asperger's syndrome, pervasive developmental disorder, and other ASDs / Chantal Sicile-Kira.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Based upon Chantal Sicile-Kira's personal and professional experiences with autistic disorders, this comprehensive and accessible source covers all aspects of autism conditions, including Asperger's Syndrome and Pervasive Developmental Disorder, including:
- The causes of autism spectrum disorders
- How to properly diagnose ASPs
- Treatments based on physiology, sensory, and biomedical interventions
- Coping strategies for families
- Educational programs
- Living and working conditions for adults with ASP
- Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC)
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Autism -- Popular works.
Autism in children -- Popular works.
Asperger's syndrome -- Popular works.
Developmental disabilities -- Popular works.