Publisher description for Hands-on guide to Flash video : Web video and Flash media server / by Stefan Richter and Jan Ozer.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The Hands-On Guide to Flash Video is a professional reference book written by industry experts that are currently helping professionals produce Web video and implement Flash Media Server. This book covers Flash Video production from soup to nuts, beginning with how to configure your camcorder and ending to advanced server techniques like bandwidth detection and FMS logging and reporting. Real word lessons from case studies of successful Flash Video deployments are also included.
By reading this book, you’ll learn to:
* Shoot high quality video for streaming
* Choose the best encoder and encoding techniques for producing Flash Video
* Deploy Flash Video via progressive download or via the Flash Media Server.
* Create and light a compression friendly set
* Deinterlace and preprocess your video prior to encoding
* Choose encoding parameters like data rate, resolution and frame rate
* Optimize encoding with Sorenson Squeeze, Flix Pro and the Adobe Flash Video Encoder
* Shoot and produce chromakey video for alpha channel delivery
* Customize a Flash player via skinning, and use Cue Points for navigation
* Setup, install, and maintain Flash Media Server
Key Features Include:
* Advanced Flash Media Server guidance and support
* Tecniques for shooting Web video specifically for Flash streaming
* Author tips from "in the trenches" experiences from two industry experts
* Case studies show you real-world examples of successful Flash video deployment
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Digital cinematography -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Computer animation -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Digital video -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Webcasting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Flash (Computer file) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Streaming technology (Telecommunications) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.