Publisher description for Ready-to-run Java 3D / Kirk Brown, Daniel Petersen ; with a foreword by James Gosling.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
A crash course in Java 3D, plus many ready-to-use applets that will leap off the screen and keep your viewers glued to your Web site.
Here's everything you need to spice up your Web site with interactive content, rich realism, and animation-immediately! Each chapter is built around a ready-to-run Java 3D applet and begins with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions on how to customize it to your needs without compiling or coding. This is followed by a technical tutorial that explains how the applets were created using the Java 3D API. And, throughout the book, numerous examples and diagrams and loads of useable source code help make it amazingly quick and easy for you to master:
* Core Java 3D commands.
* Core Java 3D API components.
* Special Java 3D development tools.
* Graphics modeling and rendering concepts and techniques.
* A range of 3D techniques, including lighting, texture manipulation, 3D fonts, image processing, and 3D sound.
* Other powerful Java utilities, tools, and classes.
The CD-ROM supplies you with:
* Numerous customizable Java 3D applets and their HTML files.
* Tools and resources to create 3D content.
* Links to 3rd-party tool vendors.
* The Java 2 platform (formerly JDK 1.2).
* Java 3D Runtime Environment.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Java (Computer program language)