Sample text for Changing addictive behavior : bridging clinical and public health strategies / edited by Jalie A. Tucker, Dennis M. Donovan, G. Alan Marlatt ; foreword by Frederick B. Glaser.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Copyrighted sample text provided by the publisher and used with permission. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. Reformulating the Addictive Behavior Change Process
1. Changing Addictive Behavior: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives, Tucker
2. From Hindsight to Foresight: A Commentary on Project MATCH, Marlatt
3. Public Health Perspectives on Access and Need for Substance Abuse Treatment, Schmidt and Weisner
4. Resolving Alcohol and Drug Problems: Influences on Addictive Behavior Change and Help-Seeking Processes, Tucker and King
5. Motivation for Behavior Change and Treatment among Substance Abusers, Donovan and Rosengren
6. Critical Perspectives on the Transtheoretical Model and Stages of Change, Joseph, Breslin, and Skinner
7. Behavioral Economics as a Framework for Organizing the Expanded Range of Substance Abuse Interventions, Vuchinich
II. Expanding the Range of Behavior Change Initiatives
8. Public Health Perspective on Addictive Behavior Change Interventions: Conceptual Frameworks and Guiding Principles, Curry and Kim
9. Brief Interventions for Alcohol and Drug Problems, Zweben and Fleming
10. Potential Contributions of the Community Reinforcement Approach and Contingency Management to Broadening the Base of Substance Abuse Treatment, Higgins
11. Increasing the Impact of Nicotine Dependence Treatment: Conceptual and Practical Considerations in a Stepped-Care Plus Treatment-Matching Approach, Abrams, Clark, and King
12. Stepped Care for Alcohol Problems: An Efficient Method for Planning and Delivering Clinical Services, M. B. Sobell and L. C. Sobell
13. Evaluation of Substance Abuse Treatment Programs in the Era of Managed Care: The Role of Cost-Benefit Analysis, McEldowney and Heilman
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Substance abuse -- Treatment.
Addicts -- Rehabilitation.
Substance-Related Disorders -- therapy.
Behavior, Addictive -- therapy.