Table of contents for Global shift : mapping the changing contours of the world economy / by Peter Dicken.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. The Shifting Contours of the Global Economy
1. Questioning "Globalization"
2. Global Shift: The Changing Global Economic Map
II. Processes of Global Shift
3. Technological Change: "Gales of Creative Destruction"
4. Transnational Corporations: The Primary "Movers and Shapers" of the Global Economy
5. "Webs of Enterprise": The Geography of Transnational Production Networks
6. "The State Is Dead…Long Live the State"
7. "Doing It Their Way": Variations in State Economic Policies
8. Dynamics of Conflict and Collaboration:
The Uneasy Relationship Between TNCs and States
III. The Picture in Different Sectors
9. "Fabric-ating Fashion": The Clothing Industries
10. "Wheels of Change": The Automobile Industry
11. "Chips with Everything": The Semiconductor Industry
12. "We Are What We Eat": The Agro-Food Industries
13. "Making the World Go Round": Financial Services
14. "Making the Connections, Moving the Goods":
The Logistics and Distribution Industries
IV. Winning and Losing in the Global Economy
15. Winning and Losing: An Introduction
16. Good or Bad? Evaluating the Impact of TNCs
on Home and Host Economies
17. Making a Living in Developed Countries:
Where Will the Jobs Come From?
18. Making a Living in Developing Countries: Sustaining Growth, Enhancing Equity, Ensuring Survival
19. Making the World a Better Place
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Industries -- History -- 20th century.
International economic relations.
International business enterprises.
Globalization -- Economic aspects.
Technological innovations -- Economic aspects.