Publisher description for Get the trans fat out : 601 simple ways to cut the trans fat out of any diet / Suzanne Havala Hobbs.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Discover the Dangers of Trans Fat and Learn How to Avoid It
The media and health professionals are loudly proclaiming the health risks of trans fat, because even the smallest amounts in your diet can raise your risk of heart disease and other health conditions. But trans fats—especially from partially hydrogenated oils—are found everywhere! From the grocery store shelves to restaurant menus, trans fat works its way into the foods we eat and jeopardizes our health.
Get the Trans Fat Out shows you how you can identify and avoid these damaging fats—without sacrificing taste or convenience. Inside you’ll find all the information you need to protect you and your family from trans fat, including:
• Key health and nutrition information on the risks of trans fat
• Tips on grocery shopping for healthy products
• Delicious recipes with zero trans fat
• Information on how to stay healthy when eating at restaurants
• A complete, easy-to-understand guide to the trans fat content of many common products and menu items from fast food chains
For every health-conscious consumer, Get the Trans Fat Out is the definitive resource to living trans fat free.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Trans fatty acids.
Lipids in human nutrition.
Low-fat diet -- Recipes.