Publisher description for Wizardology : the book of the secrets of Merlin / [Dugald A. Steer, writer ; illustrated by Anne Yvonne Gilbert].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Aspiring wizards can tune in to the age-old wisdom of Merlin with this dazzling compendium of all things magical — unveiling novelty elements throughout.
For any apprentice determined to learn the arcane arts of wizardry, could there be a better teacher than . . . Merlin himself? Originally discovered in 1588, this remarkable text by history's most respected wizard is revealed to the world for the very first time. Lavishly illustrated by four delicate artists, WIZARDOLOGY's intricate design even conceals a series of hidden symbols that spell out a secret message when their code is deciphered — if the reader is clever enough to find them.
Among WIZARDOLOGY's special features are:
-a glittering crystal ball-like jewel on the front cover
- a world map showing locations of wizards around the globe
- tactile samples of a "fairy flag" with one wish remaining and a phoenix feather to aid in flying charms
- booklets explaining the proper use of spells, familiars, and potions
- a removable dragon pendant allowing the user to dowse for mythical beasts
- a pack of eight removable fortune-tellling cards
- a 48-page mini book of divination on the final spread
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Merlin (Legendary character)
Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
Toy and movable books.