Publisher description for The misunderstood child : understanding and coping with your child's learning disabilities / Larry B. Silver.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The fully revised and updated must-have resource to help you become a supportive and assertive advocate for your child
In print for more than twenty years, The Misunderstood Child has become the go-to reference guide for families of children with learning disorders. This newly revised edition provides the latest research and new and updated content, including:
• How to identify and address specific disabilities, from dyslexia to sensory integration disorder
• New information on the genetics of learning disorders
• Expanded sections on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
• The most recent neurological discoveries about how the brain functions in children with learning disabilities
• Insights about other neurological disorders common among individuals with learning disabilities, such as anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, anger-control problems, depression, and tic disorders
• Resources, Web sites, and organizations that can aid the treatment process and offer support for both parent and child
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Learning disabled children.
Parent and child.