Table of contents for Engineering optimization : methods and applications / A. Ravindran, K.M. Ragsdell, G.V. Reklaitis.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction to Optimization.
2. Functions of a Single Variable.
3. Functions of a Several Variable.
4. Linear Programming.
5. Constrained Optomality Criteria.
6. Transformation Methods.
7. Constrained Direct Search.
8. Linearization Methods for Constrained Problems.
9. Direction-Generation Methods Based On Linearization.
10. Quadratic Approximation Methods for Constrained Problems.
11. Structured Problems and Algorithms.
12. Comparison of Constrained Optimization Methods.
13. Strategies for Optimization Studies.
14. Engineering Case Studies.
Appendix A: Review of Linear Algebra.
Appendix B: Convex and Concave Functions.
Appendix C: Gauss-Jordan Elimination Scheme.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Engineering -- Mathematical models.