Sample text for Ethnocultural factors in substance abuse treatment / edited by Shulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Copyrighted sample text provided by the publisher and used with permission. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Ethnocultural Issues in Substance Abuse Treatment: An Overview, Shulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner
II. Working with Clients of African Background
2. Substance Abuse in African American Communities, Ednita M. Wright
3. Substance Abuse Issues among English-Speaking Caribbean People of African Ancestry, Eda F. Harris-Hastick
III. Working with Clients of Native American and Latino Backgrounds
4. Native Americans and Substance Abuse, Hilary N. Weaver
5. Substance Abuse among Cuban Americans, Eugenio M. Rothe
6. Substance Abuse in the Mexican American Population, Louis R. Alvarez
7. Toward an Understanding of Puerto Rican Ethnicity and Substance Abuse, Catherine Medina
IV. Working with Clients of European Background
8. Substance Abuse among Americans of British Descent, Katherine Stuart van Wormer
9. Substance Abuse Treatment with Clients of French Background, Ann A. Abbott
10. The Irish and Substance Abuse, Philip O'Dwyer
11. Italian Culture and Its Impact on Addiction, Pia Marinangeli
12. Polish Identity and Substance Abuse, Jim Gilbert and Jan Langrod
13. Russian-Speaking Substance Abusers in Transition: New Country, Old Problems, Helen Kagan and Kathryn C. Shafer
V. Working with Clients of Middle Eastern Background
14. Substance Use among Arabs and Arab Americans, Nuha Abudabbeh and Andrew Hamid
15. Jewish Substance Abusers: Existing but Invisible, Shulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner
VI. Working with Clients of Asian Background
16. Substance Abuse Treatment Issues with Cambodian Americans, Mary Ann Bromley and Chhem Sip
17. Ethnocultural Background and Substance Abuse Treatment of Chinese Americans, Ting-Fun May Lai
18. Ethnocultural Background and Substance Abuse Treatment of Asian Indian Americans, Daya Singh Sandhu and Ruby Malik
19. Substance Abuse Interventions for Japanese and Japanese American Clients, Jun Matsuyoshi
20. Substance Abuse among Korean Americans: A Sociocultural Perspective and Framework for Intervention, Young Hee Kwon-Ahn
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Substance abuse -- Treatment -- Cross-cultural studies.
Drug abuse -- Treatment -- Cross-cultural studies.