Sample text for The social context of cognitive development / Mary Gauvain ; foreword by Robert S. Siegler.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Copyrighted sample text provided by the publisher and used with permission. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
I. The Social Foundations of Cognitive Development
2. Processes of Change: The "How" of Cognitive Development
3. The Sociocultural Context of Cognitive Development
II. The Development of Specific Higher Mental Functions in Social Context
4. Acquiring Knowledge: Intersubjectivity, Joint Attention, and Social Referencing
5. Remembering: The Social Construction of the Past
6. Solving and Learning to Solve Problems in Social Context
7. Constructing the Future: Planning in Social Context
8. Conclusions and Future Directions
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Cognition in children -- Social aspects.
Cognition and culture.