Table of contents for Keeping time : the history and theory of preservation in America / William J. Murtagh.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The Language of Preservation.
2. The Preservation Movement and the Private Citizen Before World War II.
3. The Preservation Movement and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
4. Government and the Preservation Movement.
5. Government and Preservation Since World War II.
6. The Historic Room and House Museum.
7. Outdoor Museums.
8. Historic Districts.
9. Rehabilitation and Adaptive Use.
10. Landscape Preservation.
11. Rural and Small Town Preservation.
13. Preservation Values in Oral Based Cultures.
14. Preservation in Practice.
15. International Preservation.
Epilogue: And_What of the Future?
Appendix A: Selected Federal Legislation.
Appendix_B: The National Register's Criteria for Evaluation.
Appendix_C: The Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation and Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Historic preservation -- United States.
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- United States.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- United States.
Historic preservation -- United States -- History.
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- United States -- History.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- United States -- History.