Table of contents for Picturing the city : urban vision and the Ashcan School / Rebecca Zurier.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part One: The Setting
1. Another Look at the Ashcan School
2. Seeing New York: The Turn-of-the-Century Culture of Looking
3. A Walk through the City on Paper: The Tradition of the
Part Two: The Artists
4. Robert Henri and the Real Thing
5. The Reporter's Vision: Everett Shinn and the City as Spectacle
6. The Cartoonist's Vision (Part 1): William Glackens and the
7. The Cartoonist's Vision (Part 2): Bellows, Luks, and Urban Difference
Part Three: John Sloan's Urban Vision
8. The Storyteller's Vision: John Sloan and the Limits of
Conclusion: The Legacy of the Ashcan School
List of Illustrations
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Ashcan school of art.
Art, American -- New York (State) -- New York -- 20th century.
New York (N.Y.) -- In art.