Table of contents for City bountiful : a century of community gardening in America / Laura J. Lawson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Illustrations
List of Tables
Preface and Acknowledgments
Introduction. Garden Patches in American Cities
Part I. Early Garden Programs, 1890s to 1917
1. An Alternative to Charity: The Vacant-Lot Cultivation Association
2. The School Garden Movement
3. The Goodness of Gardening: Gardens as Civic Improvement
Part II. National Urban Garden Campaigns, 1917 to 1945
4. Patriotic Volunteerism: The War Garden Campaign
5. An Antidote for Idleness: Garden Programs of the 1930s Depression
6. Victory Gardens of World War II
Part III. Gardening for Community, 1945 to the Present
7. The Community Garden Movement of the 1970s and 1980s
8. Community Greening: Urban Garden Programs from 1990 to the Present
9. A Look at Gardens Today
Conclusion. Sustaining a City Bountiful
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Community gardens -- United States -- History -- 20th century.