Table of contents for The Oxford illustrated history of opera / edited by Roger Parker.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Colour Plates
Notes on the Contributors
Foreword, Roger Parker
1. The Seventeenth Century, Tim Carter
2. The Eighteenth Century: Serious Opera, Thomas Bauman
3. The Nineteenth Century: Comic Opera, Thomas Bauman
4. The Nineteenth Century: France, David Charlton
5. The Nineteenth Century: Italy, William Ashbrook
6. The Nineteenth Century: Germany, Barry Millington
7. Russian, Czech, Polish, and Hungarian Opera to 1900, John Tyrrell
8. The Twentieth Century: to 1945, Paul Griffiths
9. The Twentieth Century: 1945 to the Present Day, Paul Griffiths
10. The Staging of Opera, Roger Savage
11. Opera Singers, William Ashbrook
12. Opera as a Social Occasion John Rosselli
Chronology, Mary Ann Smart
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Opera -- Pictorial works.