Table of contents for The economy of esteem : an essay on civil and political society / Geoffrey Brennan and Philip Pettit.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: The Rise and Fall of Esteem
Part I: The Psychology of Esteem
1. The Nature and Value of Esteem
2. The Demand for Esteem
3. The Supply of Esteem
4. Towards an Economy of Esteem
Part II: The Economics of Esteem
5. Performance-Centred Effects
6. Information-Centred Effects
7. Association-Centred Effects
Part III: The Politics of Esteem
8. The Power of the Intangible Hand
9. The Utility of the Intangible Hand
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Respect -- Economic aspects.
Economics -- Psychological aspects.