Table of contents for A historical guide to Herman Melville / edited by Giles Gunn.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction, Giles Gunn
Melville in His Time
1. Herman Melville, 1819-1891: A Brief Biography, Robert Milder
2. Romantic Answers, Victorian Questions: Cultural Possibilities for Melville at Mid-Century, Leon Chai
3. Melville and Class, Myra Jehlen
4. Melville and the Marketplace, Sheila Post
5. Without the Pale: Melville and Ethnic Cosmopolitanism, Timothy Marr
6. "Wandering To-and-Fro": Melville and Religion, Emory Elliott
Bibliographical Essay, Giles Gunn
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Melville, Herman, -- 1819-1891 -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Novelists, American -- 19th century -- Biography -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Literature and history -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.