Table of contents for Finite elements for solids, fluids, and optimization / G. A. Mohr.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
PART I: Introduction to Finite Elements
1. Skeletal Elements
2. Basic Relationships for Solid Continua
3. Energy Principles and Applications
4. Lagrange Multipliers, Penalty Factors and Basis Transformation
5. Interpolation Functions and Numerical Integration
PART II: Applications to the Statics of Solids
6. Plane Stress and Plane Strain
7. Isoparametric Mapping and Its Applications
8. Thin Plate Bending Elements
9. Thick Plate Elements
10. Flat Elements for Shell Analysis
11. Curved Shell Elements
PART III: Nonlinear and Time Dependent Problems and FEM Programming
12. Nonlinear Materials and Large Displacements
13. Eigenvalue Analysis of Vibration and Stability
14. Time Stepping Analysis of Vibration and Creep
15. Finite Element Programming
PART IV: Finite Elements in Fluid Flow and Other Field Problems
16. Basic Differential Equations in Continua
17. Variational and Weighted Residual Methods
18. Pseudo Harmonic Field Problems
19. Potential Glow, Viscous Flow and Compressible Flow
20. Fluid Flow Examples and Programs
PART V: Further Applications of the Finite Element MEthods
21. Boundary Solution Techniques
22. Optimization Techniques and Applications
23. Generalization of Constraint Techniques and Optimization Programs
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Finite element method.
Mechanics, Applied -- Mathematics.
Fluid mechanics -- Mathematics.