Table of contents for The politics of protest : social movements in America / David S. Meyer.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. America and Political Protest: Political Institutions and Dissent
2. Why Protest? The Origins of Movements, Opportunities, and Organizations
3. Becoming an Activist
4. Individuals, Movements, Organizations, and Coalitions
5. The Strategy and Tactics of Social Protest
6. Civil Disobedience
7. The State and Protests: Institutionalization
8. When Everyone Protests
9. The Policy Connection: How Movements Matter
10. Protest and American Politics: What's Next?
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Protest movements -- United States.
Political activists -- United States.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1980-