Table of contents for Understanding development : people, markets and the state in mixed economies / Ignacy Sachs.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: People, Markets, and States in Mixed Economies
1. Searching for New Development Strategies: The Challenges of the Social Summit
2. Social Sustainability and Whole Development
3. Towards a Modern Biomass-based Civilization
4. Developing in a Liberalized and Globalizing World Economy: An Impossible Challenge?
5. People's Livelihoods in the Real Economy
6. The State and the Social Partners: Towards a Development Compact
7. Negotiated and Contractual Management of Biodiversity
8. Citizenhood: Local, National, Regional and Planetary
9. Conclusion: A North-South Dialogue on the Challenges of the 21st Century
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: