Table of contents for The molecular vision of life : Caltech, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the rise of the new biology / Lily E. Kay.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. "Social Control:" the Rockefeller Foundation's Agenda in the Human Sciences, 1913-1933
2. The Technological Frontier: Southern California and the Emergence of Life Science at Caltech
3. Visions and Realities: The Biology Division in the Morgan Era
Interlude 1 -- The Protein Paradigm
4. From Flies to Molecules: Physiological Genetics in the Morgan Era
5. A Convergence of Goals: From Physical Chemistry to Bio-Organic Chemistry
6. The Spoils of War: Immunochemistry and Serological Genetics, 1940-1945
7. Microorganisms and Macromanagement: Beadle's Return to Caltech
8. The Molecular Empire
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Molecular biology -- History.
California Institute of Technology -- Research -- History.
Rockefeller Foundation -- Research -- History.