Table of contents for England under the Norman and Angevin kings, 1075-1225 / Robert Bartlett.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Political Patterns: The Struggle for the Succession, 1075-1225; The Cross-Channel Realm; Court Politics; Predatory and Punitive Rule; Rebellion
2. England and Beyond: England and the British Isles; England and the Wider World
3. Lordship and Government: Kingship and Lordship; Regality; The Household and Household Administration; Itineration; Assemblies; Territorial Administration; Royal Finances; Courts and Judgements; Records and Record-Keeping
4. The Aristocracy: The Structure of the Aristocracy; The Aristocratic Estate; The Life of the Aristocracy
5. Warfare: Waging War; Recruitment; Castles
6. The Rural Foundations: The Physical Framework; Population; Settlement Patterns; Land Use and Agricultural Techniques; The Manorial Economy; Rural Social Structure
7. Towns and Trade: Urbanization; Town Law; Urban Self-Government; London; Urban Unrest; The Jews; Trade, the Framework; Commodities; Coinage and Monetization
8. The Institutional Church: The Hierarchy; The Religious
9. Religious Life: Concepts of the Holy; Devotion; Saints and their Cults; Overseas Pilgrimage; Dissent
10. Cultural Patterns: Languages and Literature; Education and High Learning; The Visual Arts; Performance (Song and Music, Dance and Drama); The Value of the Arts
11. The Course of Life: Childhood; Naming Patterns; Love, Sex, and Marriage; Manners; Medicine and Healing; Death and the Dead
12. Cosmologies: Time; The World; The Chain of Being; Beings Neither Angelic, Human, nor Animal
Chronology of Political Events
Index of Persons and Places
Index of Subjects
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Great Britain -- History -- Norman period, 1066-1154.
Great Britain -- History -- Angevin period, 1154-1216.
England -- Civilization -- 1066-1485.
Normans -- England.
Anjou, House of.