Table of contents for The transformation of Europe 1300-1600 / David Nicholas.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part I. Birth and Rebirth, 1300-1450
1. Europe in the Era of the Hundred Years War
2. Of Nations and States: The Institutions of Government
3. Economic Integration and Social Change in Late Medieval Europe
4. Late Nominalism and Early Humanism: The Cultural Life of the Late Middle Ages
Part II. The Modern State and the Ancient State of Mind, 1450-1600
5. From the Politics of Religion to the Religion of Politics
6. The 'Renaissance State'?
7. The Besieged as Besieger: West European Expansion in Asia, Africa, the Americas and Slavic Europe
8. The 'Long Sixteenth Century' in the Economic and Social Development of Europe
9. The Later Renaissance: From Classical Humanism to Vernacular Classicism
10. Antiquity and Modernity: The Religious Division of Europe in the Sixteenth Century
Conclusion: Retrospective, Prospective and Perspective
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Europe -- History -- 476-1492.
Europe -- History -- 1492-1648.