Table of contents for Proportionate sentencing : exploring the principles / Andrew Von Hirsch and Andrew Ashworth.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction: The Scope of this Book
2. The Justification for Punishment's Existence: Censure and Prevention
3. Proportionate Sentences for Juvenile Offenders
4. Extending Sentences for Dangerous Offenders? The Bottoms-Brownsword Model
5. Proportionate Punishment and Social Deprivation
6. Proportionality and Punitiveness?
7. Proportionality and the 'Penance' Perspective
8. Restorative Justice: A 'Making Amends' Model?, with Clifford Shearing
9. Criteria for Proportionality: A Review
Appendix 1. Equity Factors in Sentencing
Appendix 2. Limiting Retributivism and 'Modified' Desert
Gauging Crime Seriousness: A 'Living-Standard' Conception of Criminal Harm
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Sentences (Criminal procedure) -- England.
Sentences (Criminal procedure) -- Wales.