Table of contents for Preemptive strike / Alan Armstrong.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. America's Historical Memory of the Attack on Pearl Harbor
2. Ladies and Gentlemen: "The Three Men on the Flying Trapeze"
3. The China Lobby
4. FDR: "It Would be a Nice Thing if China Bombed Japan"
5. Cordell Hull: "Find a Way to Have Them (the Chinese) Drop Some Bombs on Tokyo"
6. Morganthau: "This Colonel Chennault, Where is He?"
7. The Secret Formation of the American Volunteer Group
8. "You Need a Hundred of These"
9. A Blueprint for War in the Pacific
10. Joint Board 355
11. Rangoon and Beyond
12. Reports in the American Press of Plans to Bomb Japan
13. The Planning and Execution of a Preemptive Strike by Japan
14. America's Reaction to Japan's Preemptive Strike
15. A Post-Mortem on Chennault's Plan for a Preemptive Strike on Japan
16. The Lone Eagle and the Hawk
17. America's View of the World with an Altered Historical Memory
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
World War, 1939-1945 -- United States.
Military planning -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan.
Preemptive attack (Military science)
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area.
United States -- History, Military -- 20th century.