Publisher description for Twelfth night, or, What you will / by William Shakespeare ; edited by Barbara A. Mowat and Paul Werstine.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Each edition includes:
Essay by Catherine Belsey
- Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to theworld's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet forShakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open tothe public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performancesand programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc. -- Drama.
Brothers and sisters -- Drama.
Mistaken identity -- Drama.
Illyria -- Drama.
Twins -- Drama.