Table of contents for The making of modern management : British management in historical perspective / John F. Wilson and Andrew W. Thomson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part I: Introduction
1. An Introduction to Management History
2. A Theoretical and Thematic Framework
Part II: Management and Organizations
3. British Management and Organization up to the 1940s
4. Comparative Management Systems up to the 1940s
5. British Management since the 1940s
Part III: Managers in Context
6. Managers - The Social and Cultural Environment
7. The Development of Managers
8. Managerial Thought and Institutions
Part IV: Managerial Functions
9. The Practice of Management - Labour
10. The Practice of Management - Marketing
11. The Practice of Management - Accounting and Finance
Part V: Conclusions and Reflections
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Management -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Management -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.