Table of contents for The early course of schizophrenia / edited by Tonmoy Sharma and Philip D. Harvey.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Section I: Schizophrenia in the pre-morbid period
1. Prenatal events that influence schizophrenia, Ezra Susser & Mark G Opler
2. Interactions of genetic predispositions and intrauterine events, Tyrone D Cannon & Lauren M Ellman
3. Cognitive functioning before or at the onset of first episode, Michael Davidson & Abraham Reichenburg
Section II: Schizophrenia at the Time of the First Episode
4. Early onset schizophrenia: cognitive and clinical characteristics, Sophia Frangou
5. Brain imaging studies in childhood onset schizophrenia, Nitin Gogtay & Judith Rapoport
6. Neurocognitive deficits and first-episode schizophrenia:characterization and course, Irene M Bratti & Robert M Bilder
7. Adult onset schizophrenia: structural and functional brain abnormalities, Tonmoy Sharma & Veena Kumari
8. Diagnostic variability in the early course of schizophrenia, Evelyn J Bromet & Bushra Naz
9. Sex differences in schizophrenia: the case for developmental origins and etiological implications, Jill M Goldstein & Deborah J Walder
10. Late onset schizophrenia: characteristics of patients at the first episode, Philip D Harvey
Section III: Treatment of Early Schizophrenia
11. Prodromal period - pharmacological and behavioural interventions, Alison R Yung, Lisa J Phillips & Patrick McGorry
12. Treatment of schizophrenia at the first episode, Delbert Robinson
13. Treatment of late-onset schizophrenia, Dilip V Jeste, Gauri V Nayak, David P Folsom & Elizabeth W Twamley
14. Treatment of cognitive deficits in first episode psychosis, Richard S E Keefe & Joseph W Kang
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Schizophrenia -- Susceptibility.
Schizophrenia -- Treatment.
Schizophrenia -- therapy.