Table of contents for Elements of information theory/ by Thomas M. Cover, Joy A. Thomas.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction and Preview.
2. Entropy, Relative Entropy and Mutual Information.
3. The Asymptotic Equipartition Property.
4. Entropy oRates of a Stochastic Process.
5. Data Compression.
6. Gambling and Data Compression.
7. Channel Capacity.
8. Differential Entropy.
9. The Gaussian Channel.
10. Rate Distortion Theory.
11. Information Theory and Statistics.
12. Maximum Entropy.
13. Universal Source Coding.
14. Kolmogorov Complexity.
15. Network Information Theory.
16. Information Theory and Portfolio Theory.
17. Inequalities in Information Theory.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: