Table of contents for The Late Archaic across the Borderlands : from foraging to farming / edited by Bradley J. Vierra.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
- Foreword by Richard I. Ford
- Preface by Thomas R. Hester
- 1. Borderlands Introduction (Bradley J. Vierra)
- 2. The Late Archaic/Early Agricultural Period in Sonora, Mexico (John P. Carpenter, Guadalupe Sanchez, María Elisa Villalpando C.)
- 3. Changing Knowledge and Ideas about the First Farmers in Southeastern Arizona (Jonathan B. Mabry)
- 4. A Biological Reconstruction of Mobility Patterns in Late Archaic Populations (Marsha D. Ogilvie)
- 5. Environmental Constraints on Forager Mobility and the Use of Cultigens in Southeastern Arizona and Southern New Mexico (William H. Doleman)
- 6. The Transition to Farming on the Río Casas Grandes and in the Southern Jornada Mogollon Region (Robert J. Hard and John R. Roney)
- 7. Late Archaic Stone Tool Technology across the Borderlands (Bradley J. Vierra)
- 8. Late Archaic Foragers of Eastern Trans-Pecos Texas and the Big Bend (Robert J. Mallouf)
- 9. Ecological Factors Affecting the Late Archaic Economy of the Lower Pecos River Region (Phil Dering)
- 10. An Overview of the Late Archaic in Southern Texas (Thomas R. Hester)
- 11. Many Perspectives But a Consistent Pattern: Comments on Contributions (R. G. Matson)
- 12. Documenting the Transition to Food Production along the Borderlands (Bruce D. Smith)
- The Contributors
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Indians of Mexico -- Mexican-American Border Region -- Antiquities.
Indians of North America -- Mexican-American Border Region -- Antiquities.
Indians of Mexico -- Agriculture -- Mexican-American Border Region.
Indians of North America -- Agriculture -- Mexican-American Border Region.
Hunting and gathering societies -- Mexican-American Border Region.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Mexican-American Border Region.