Table of contents for The story of semiconductors / John Orton.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Perspectives: The 'Information Age'
2. The Cat's Whiskers: First applications, early days
3. Minority Rule: The transistor, band structure
4. Silicon, Silicon and Yet More Silicon
5. The Compound Challenge: Light emitting devices, microwaves
6. Low Dimensional Structures: Mesoscopic, electronic, optical devices
7. Let There Be Light: Laser diodes
8. Communicating with Light: Fibre optics, photodetectors
9. Semiconductors in the Infra-Red: Quantum wells, superlattices and other modern wonders
10. Polycrystalline and Amorphous Semiconductors: Solar cells, liquid crystal displays
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Semiconductors -- History.