Table of contents for Policing and the condition of England : memory, politics and culture / Ian Loader and Aogan Mulcahy.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Settings and Reorientations
1. Losing Faith?: Policing and Social Change in England since 1945
2. On Symbolic Power: Towards a Cultural Sociology of Policing
Narratives of Policing and Culture
3. The Eclipse of the English Bobby
4. The Fracturing of Police Authority
5. The Cultural Politics of Police, 'Race', and Nation
6. The Job and the Force
7. The Power of the Police Voice
8. Cultures of Police Governance
Past and Present in Contemporary Policing
9. English Policing and Contemporary Culture
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Police -- England -- History -- 20th century.
England -- Social conditions -- 20th century.