Table of contents for Jacquard's web : how a hand-loom led to the birth of the information age / by James Essinger.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The engraving that wasn't
2. A better mouse-trap
3. The son of a master weaver
4. The emperor's new clothes
5. From weaving to computing
6. The difference engine
7. The analytical engine
8. A question of faith and funding
9. The lady who loved the Jacquard loom
10. A crisis with the American census
11. The first Jacquard looms that wove information
12. The birth of IBM
13. The Thomas Watson phenomenon
14. Howard Aiken dreams of a computer
15. IBM and the Harvard Mark 1
16. Weaving at the speed of light
17. The future
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Computers -- History.
Jacquard knitting machines -- History.
Information technology -- History.