Table of contents for Fluid borders : Latino power, identity, and politics in Los Angeles / Lisa Garcia Bedolla.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Illustrations
1. Latino Political Engagement: The Intersection of Power, Identity(ies), and Place
2. Legacies of Conquest: Latinos in California and Los Angeles
3. A Thin Line between Love and Hate: Language, Social Stigma, and Intragroup Relations
4. Why Vote? Race, Identity(ies), and Politics
5. Community Problems, Collective Solutions: Latinos and Nonelectoral Participation
Conclusion. Fluid Borders: Latinos, Race, and American Politics
Appendix A: Study Respondents
Appendix B: Interview Questionnaire
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Hispanic Americans -- California -- Los Angeles -- Interviews.
Working class -- California -- Los Angeles -- Interviews.
Hispanic Americans -- California -- Los Angeles -- Politics and government.
Hispanic Americans -- California -- Los Angeles -- Ethnic identity.
Hispanic Americans -- California -- Los Angeles -- Social conditions.
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Politics and government.
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Social conditions.
Social classes -- California -- Los Angeles.
Power (Social sciences) -- California -- Los Angeles.