Table of contents for 1491 : new revelations of the Americas before Columbus / Charles C. Mann.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Maps
INTRODUCTION / Holmberg’s Mistake
1. A View from Above
PART ONE / Numbers from Nowhere?
2. Why Billington Survived
3. In the Land of Four Quarters
4. Frequently Asked Questions
PART TWO / Very Old Bones
5. Pleistocene Wars
6. Cotton (or Anchovies) and Maize (Tales of Two Civilizations, Part I)
7. Writing, Wheels, and Bucket Brigades (Tales of Two Civilizations, Part II)
PART THREE / Landscape with Figures
8. Made in America
10. The Artificial Wilderness
11. The Great Law of Peace
A. Loaded Words
B. Talking Knots
C. The Syphilis Exception
D. Calendar Math
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Indians -- Origin.
Indians -- History.
Indians -- Antiquities.
America -- Antiquities.