Publisher description for Great healthy food for strong bones / Fiona Hunter, Emma-Lee Gow.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
One in three women and one in twelve men over the age of 50 have osteoporosis. This book shows how to protect and improve bone health through diet and weight-bearing exercise.
Great Health Food for Strong Bones offers delicious contemporary recipes that contain the vitamins and minerals vital for building and maintaining healthy bones. The book offers:
- Practical advice for choosing and using the best possible ingredients
- Delicious recipes that are rich in calcium, and many that are low-fat, too
- Ideas for energy-packed tasty breakfasts
- Easy-to-prepare hot and cold lunches, light snacks, soups and starters
- Family-friendly meat, fish and vegetarian main courses and delicious vegetable accompaniments
- Nutritional analyses for all recipes
- Information on the current Recommended Daily Allowances for calcium
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
High-calcium diet -- Recipes.
R‚egimes riches en calcium -- Recettes.