Table of contents for The Cold War : a very short introduction / Robert J. McMahon.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The Setting: World War II and the destruction of the Old
2. Origins of the Cold War in Europe, 1945-1950
3. Toward hot war in Asia, 1945-1950
4. A global Cold War, 1950-1963
5. The rise and fall of detente, 1963-1978
6. Cold wars at home
7. Nuclear weapons and arms control
8. The final phase, 1978-1989
9. The aftermath
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
World politics -- 1945-
United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union.
Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States.