Table of contents for Gender in the mirror : cultural imagery and women's agency / Diana Tietjens Meyers.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Gender Identity and Women's Agency: Culture, Norms, and Internalized Oppression Revisited
2. The Rush to Motherhood: Pronatalist Discourse and Women's Agency
3. Gendered Models of Social Relations: How Moral and Political Culture Closes Minds and Hearts
4. The Family Romance: A Fin-de-Siecle Tragedy
5. Lure and Allure: Mirrors, Fugitive Agency, and Exiled Sexuality
6. Miroir, Memoire, Mirage: Appearance, Aging, and Women
7. Live Ordnance in the Cultural Field: Gender Imagery, Sexism, and the Fragility of Feminist Gains
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Women -- Social conditions.
Sex discrimination against women.