Table of contents for The state of the world's refugees, 2000 : fifty years of humanitarian action.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part I: ESTABLISHING A REFUGEE REGIME
1. Early years
2. De-colonisation in Africa
3. Rupture in South Asia
Part II: INTERNATIONALISATION OF REFUGEE CRISES
4. Flight from Indo-China
5. War in Africa, Afghanistan and Central America
6. Peace-Keeping, Peace-Building
Part III: CURRENT CHALLENGES
7. Asylum in the Industrialised World
8. Population Movements in the Former Soviet Region
9. Military Intervention in Iraq and the Balkans
10. Genocide in the Great Lakes
Part IV: LOOKING FORWARD
11. The Future of Refugee Protection
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Refugees -- International cooperation -- History -- 20th century.
Humanitarian assistance -- History -- 20th century.
Refugees -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- History -- 20th century.
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees -- History -- 20th century.