Table of contents for The Oxford illustrated history of the Roman world / edited by John Boardman, Jasper Griffin, Oswyn Murray.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Colour Plates
List of Maps
Introduction, Jasper Griffin
1. Early Rome and Italy, Michael Crawford
2. The Expansion of Rome, Elizabeth Rawson
3. The First Roman Literature, P. G. McC. Brown
4. Cicero and Rome, Miriam Griffin
5. The Poets of the Late Republic, Robin Nisbet
6. The Founding of the Empire, David Stockton
7. The Arts of Governmnent, Nicholas Purcell
8. Augustan Poetry and Society, R. O. A. M. Lyne
9. Virgil, Jasper Griffin
10. Roman Historians, Andrew Lintott
11. The Arts of Prose: The Early Empire, Donald Russell
12. Silver Latin Poetry and the Latin Novel, Richard Jenkyns
13. Later Philosophy, Anthony Meredith
14. The Arts of Living, Roger Ling
15. Roman Life and Society, John Matthews
16. Roman Art and Architecture, R. J. A. Wilson
Envoi: On Taking Leave of Antiquity, Henry Chadwick
Table of Events
Descriptive List of Illustrations
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Rome -- History -- To 510 B.C.
Rome -- History -- Republic, 510-30 B.C.
Rome -- History -- Empire, 30 B.C.-284 A.D.