Table of contents for A history of the Vikings / Gwyn Jones.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part 1 - The Northern Peoples to AD 700
1. From Beginnings to the Age of Migrations
2. The Legendary History of the Swedes and the Danes
1. Part 2 - The Viking Kingdoms to the Close of the Tenth Century The Scandinavian Community, I: Diversity and Unity
2. The Historical Traditions of Norway to 950
3. Denmark to the Death of Gorm the Old
4. Denmark and Norway from the Accession of Harald Bluetooth to the Death of Olaf Tryggvason
Part 3 - The Viking Movement Overseas
1. The Scandinavian Community, II: Aspects of Society
2. Causes of the Viking Movement Overseas
3. The Movement South and South-West to 954: the British Isles, the Frankish Empire, the Mediterranean
4. The Movement East: The Baltic Lands, Russia, Byzantium
5. The Movement West: Iceland, Greenland, America
Part 4 - The Viking Age Ends
1. The Scandinavian Community III: Culture and Image
2. Svein Forkbeard, Saint Olaf, Knut the Great
3. The Viking Kingdoms to the Death of Harald Hardradi, 1066
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Scandinavia -- Civilization.