Table of contents for Australian art / Andrew Sayers.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Art and the Dreaming
2. The lines of empire 1788-1835
3. The pursuit of knowledge 1835-1870
4. Colonial art worlds 1851-1888
5. What should Australian artists paint? 1885-1900
6. Beautifying the objects of our daily life; art and decorative art 1890-1920
7. Order and transcendence; art between the wars 1919-1939
8. Aboriginal art and its reception 1934-1949
9. Art, myth, and society; the Australian avant garde 1939-1950
10. Icon and abstraction 1951-1968
11. Saying and seeing; contemporary art 1968-1999
Museums and Websites
List of Illustrations
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Art, Aboriginal Australian.