Table of contents for Reading Sulpicia : commentaries, 1475-1990 / Mathilde Skoie.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The first steps: from antiquity to Cyllenius' 15th century commentary
2. Confronting a sibylline leaf: Scaliger's 16th century commentary
3. Male chivalry?: Heyne's 18th century commentary
4. Subtle poetry or feminine fiddling?: Two 19th century commentaries
5. Sulpicia Americana: Smith's 20th century commentary
6. The commentator as collector: Trankle's 1990 commentary
Conclusion: The hermenutics of commenting
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Sulpicia, -- 1st cent. B.C. -- Criticism and interpretation.
Elegiac poetry, Latin -- History and criticism.
Love poetry, Latin -- History and criticism.
Women and literature -- Rome.