Table of contents for A practical introduction to phonetics / J.C. Catford.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
2. Basic components of speech
3. Phonation: A third basic component
4. Articulation: Stricture types
5. Articulation: Locations
6. Co-articulation and sequences
7. Vowels: Introduction
8. The cardinal vowels
9. Prosodic features
10. Sound systems of languages
For further reading
Appendix: The International Phonetic Alphabet
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Grammar, Comparative and general -- Phonology.