Table of contents for The Oxford history of the biblical world / edited by Michael D. Coogan.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Maps
Prologue: In the Beginning: The Earliest History, Michael D. Coogan
1. Before Israel: Syria-Palestine in the Bronze Age, Wayne T. Pitard
2. Bitter Lives: Israel in and out of Egypt, Carol A. Redmount
3. Forging an Identity: The Emergence of Ancient Israel, Lawrence E. Stager
4. "There Was No King in Israel": The Era of the Judges, Jo Ann Hackett
5. Kinship and Kingship: The Early Monarchy, Carol Meyers
6. A Land Divided: Judah and Israel from the Death of Solomon to the Fall of Samaria, Edward F. Campbell Jr.
7. Into Exile: From the Assyrian Conquest of Israel to the Fall of Babylon, Mordechai Cogan
8. Israel among the Nations: The Persian Period, Mary Joan Winn Leith
9. Between Alexandria and Antioch: Jews and Judaism in the Hellenistic Period, Leonard J. Greenspoon
10. Visions of Kingdoms: From Pompey to the First Jewish Revolt, Amy-Jill Levine
11. Churches in Context: The Jesus Movement in the Roman World, Daniel N. Schowalter
Epilogue: Transitions and Trajectories: Jews and Christians in the Roman Empire, Barbara Geller
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Bible -- History of contemporary events.
Bible -- History of Biblical events.