Table of contents for The short Oxford history of English literature / Andrew Sanders.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: Poet's Corners: The Development of a Canon of English Literature
1. Old English Literature
2. English Medieval Literature 1066-1510
3. Renaissance and Reformation: Literature 1510-1620
4. Revolution and Restoration: Literature 1620-1690
5. Eighteenth-Century Literature 1690-1780
6. The Literature of the Romantic Period 1780-1830
7. High Victorian literature 1830-1880
8. Late Victorian and Edwardian Literature 1880-1920
9. Modernism and its Alternatives: Literature 1920-1945
10. Post-War and post Modern Literature
Notes on Further Reading
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
English literature -- History and criticism.
Great Britain -- Intellectual life.