Table of contents for Chandra : a biography of S. Chandrasekhar / Kameshwar C. Wali.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Prologue: Tracking the Legend of Chandrasekhar
1. The Simple and True
2. Choosing the Unconventional: A Family Trait
3. Determined To Pursue Science
Lahore and Madras, 1910-1930
4. Discoveries, Personal and Scientific
Cambridge and Copenhagen, 1930-1933
5. Fellow of Trinity College
6. The Absurd Behavior of Stars: Eddington and the White Dwarfs
7. "I Must Push On in My Directions"
Cambridge and Harvard, 1935-1936
9. Scientist in the Midst of Political Turmoil
Williams Bay, Wisconsin, 1937-1952
10. The Autocrat of the Editor's Desk: The Astrophysical Journal
11. In the Lonely Byways of Science
Epilogue: Conversations with Chandra
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Chandrasekhar, S. -- (Subrahmanyan), -- 1910-
Astrophysicists -- United States -- Biography.