Table of contents for Getting justice and getting even : legal consciousness among working-class Americans / Sally Engle Merry.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
2. The Setting: Two New England Towns and Their Lower Courts
3. Legal Consciousness and Types of Problems
4. The Social Context of Problems
5. Problems and Cases
6. The Discourses of the Lower Court
7. Legal Experience and Legal Consciousness
8. Conclusions: The Paradox of Legal Entitlement
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Law -- United States.
Judicial process -- United States.
Dispute resolution (Law) -- United States.
Law -- New England -- Cases.